Stainless Steel Wire Mesh
Stainless Steel 300 series comes in a variety of grades, some of which are readily available and others being specialty Stainless Steel. Stainless Steel Type 304 and Stainless Steel Type 316 are the two most common in the Stainless Steel grade family. Stainless Steel Type 304 consists of 18% chromium and 8% nickel; it is the most popular of all types of Stainless Steel. Stainless Steel 304 can easily withstand outdoor exposure without rusting and resists oxidation at elevated temperatures of up to 1400 Degrees Fahrenheit. Stainless Steel Type 304 wire mesh is strong, cost effective, and has high consumer appeal. It is used for a variety of applications, including filtration in oilfield, aerospace, chemical, hot gas, water purification, beverage, food and pharmaceutical industries, mining, chemical, water and wastewater industries, for sorting and screening of abrasives, liquids, powders and other solids. WIRE CLOTH MANufacturers carries Stainless Steel Type 304 in both standard and low carbon variations. Stainless Steel Type 316 adds 2% molybdenum to the compound; type 316 is a direct derivative of its counterpart, Stainless Steel Type 304. Stainless Steel 316 is the second most widely used form of wire mesh within the industry. It is marked by excellent resistance to heat and corrosion resistance by salts, acids and seawater. Strong, sturdy, stable, and durable Stainless Steel Type 316 is very beneficial across many applications. It is commonly used for fabrication purposes and can be cut to size with appropriate tools and machinery. Stainless Steel 316 wire mesh is useful in various industries including marine technologies, rubber and plastic machinery, refinery and oil field, aerospace, automotive, food preparation and processing just to name a few. WIRE CLOTH MANufacturers carries Stainless Steel Type 316 in both standard and low carbon variations. Both Stainless Steel Type 304 & Stainless Steel Type 316 are most commonly utilized for wire cloth weaving, wire cloth welding, and wire cloth fabricated parts. They are strong, sturdy, stable and durable, which makes them exceptionally beneficial for use in a wide variety of applications. WIRE CLOTH MAN stocks virtually every standard or market grade of Stainless Steel wire mesh, as well as many non-standard specifications, including heavy duty specifications. We have looms for weaving and welding machines to manufacture wire cloth mesh to your exact requirements.
Other grades of Stainless Steel 300 series include:
- Stainless Steel Type 302: has a higher carbon content to make it even stronger than Stainless Steel 304
- Stainless Steel Type 309: known as a heat resistant alloy,Type 309 can tolerate temperatures up to 1700 degrees F
- Stainless Steel Type 310: The 25% chromium & 20% nickel composition makes Stainless Steel Type 310 strong and resistant to oxidation for temperatures up to 2000 degrees Fahrenheit. This is one of the rarer types of Stainless Steel, making it less readily available than others.
- Stainless Steel Type 317: 3% minimum molybdenum makes Type 317 slightly better than Type 316. It is still rare and not readily available.
- Stainless Steel Type 321: has added titanium for a lower risk of weld decay when compared to Stainless Steel Type 304.